Designed for students with some experience of Drama and Theatre performance, this course is designed to develop professional values, and an awareness of contemporary and historical theatre forms.
Exploring a range of forms, including Physical Theatre – body language, symbolic and representational movement, devised theatre – where the students, in collaboration, work through an idea by discussion, improvisation and specific skills training, and introducing a number of specific styles of interpreting a text, from Stanislavski, Grotowski, Brecht in an accessible and non-threatening way.
- To develop stagecraft skills, including acting and a range of theatre techniques directly related to a production.
- To develop and enhance an understanding of the creative art form of theatre, and the process of drama.
- This course can be modified to suit the skills and needs of the particular students.
- To develop positive group work skills, which will be introduced and developed throughout the programme.
- To develop self-confidence, a strong creative verbal and physical vocabulary, imaginative thinking.
|Art Form:||Theatre – Arts Experience|
|Length of programme:||8 sessions at 2 hours|
|Target Audience:||Upper Pri – Upper Sec – JC/ITE/Polys|