Creative Edge Theatre Training Ensemble is a division of I Theatre dedicated to identifying and nurturing Singapore’s next generation of theatre practitioners. An innovative, physical-based actor-training programme, Creative Edge draws on I Theatre’s unique style of Clowning, Puppetry, Physical & Devised Theatre to prepare young professionals for the challenges of entering the industry. On top of rigorous and practical training, Creative Edge strives to develop versatile young actors who have a good work ethic and collaborative mindset, not mention an appreciation and working knowledge of the various forms of theatre-making. Creative Edge Theatre Training Ensemble aspires to give young actors aged 17 to 25 a strong foundation from which to form collaborations, contribute ideas & create new and exciting theatre for Singapore. The main aims of the programme are as follows:
- To provide a safe, accessible and open platform in which young people can express themselves whilst learning about and making theatre.
- To identify and train young, talented individuals who are looking at entering professional theatre
- To produce versatile actors who are able to access and control both the body and voice in performance
- To nurture well-rounded actor-creators who are able to thrive in an ensemble-based, collaborative mode of theatre-making
- To cultivate an awareness of the importance of the arts in society and the role theatre plays in shaping the world around us
- To form working relationships with professional companies and practitioners
Auditions for the 2017/18 intake
Hey aspiring actors! Due to an overwhelming response, we are closing the registration for this year’s intake.
Thank you for showing interest in Creative Edge and do show your support for our upcoming Creative Edge productions!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us through email or call us at 6341 5960.
Creative Edge is an 18-month long training programme, consisting of a training phase and a production phase. The training phase will require a commitment of 10 hours a week, with term breaks. Actors-in-training will be taught by a team of instructors with working links to the industry. Commitment will increase during the production phase (January – June 2016), as actors are required to participate in both productions in every capacity as part of their training requirements. Both productions are professionally staged and supported by I Theatre & NAC. To make this programme accessible to all youth regardless of social background, Creative Edge is charging a nominal fee for the entire course, which can be waived based on financial need. Creative Edge on Facebook
Course starts March 2017 to March 2018