To Create theatre for children, youth and family audiences, producing plays of an international standard for Singapore and the region by:
• Presenting new and established plays as well as supporting and developing new work and practitioners through training and performance opportunities.
• Maintain positive values within all our productions by incorporating educational aspects that will challenge and initiate imaginative and critical thinking
• Innovate, by combining mime, physical theatre, puppetry, musical theatre and more traditional script-based theatre to create energetic, thought provoking and engaging productions
• Engage by creating productions where both children and adults can be entertained and engaged by the same performance in an atmosphere of safety and security
• Challenge ourselves to constantly raise our standards and scope – to create performances that will sit happily in a theatre anywhere in the world – to the same standards as any ‘adult’ production.
• Uphold our already strong reputation for producing good quality theatre for teens, children and family audiences – a vital niche market.
• Deliver top quality theatre to the next generation of theatregoers, artists, movers and shakers; a task vital to the development of Singapore as a Renaissance City.
Accessible – Inspirational – Challenging – Original
A World Class Family Focused Theatre Company for the Region.
I Theatre is one of the region’s premiere Professional producing companies for family orientated theatre, creating an average of four brand new theatre productions a year.
We aim to produce theatre experiences that will be as accessible and challenging, funny and thought provoking to an adult as to a child. In this, I Theatre holds a unique position within the local theatre scene.
Board of Director
Samuel is the Managing Director of Suel Seow Law Corporation and Foreign Legal Advisor to Seow & Associates in Kuala Lumpur. Samuel’s legal expertise lies in the field of intellectual property and commercial law, with a special focus on the entertainment, arts and media industries. In recognition of his expertise, Samuel has been listed as a ‘Leading Individual’ in the field of intellectual property in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 from 2010 to date.
Samuel and SSLC have acted for prominent clientele in the media and entertainment industry, including international celebrities Edmund Chen, Allan Wu, Tanya Chua, Michelle Chong, Sheikh Haikel and Kit Chan; which has led to Samuel Seow being dubbed as a ‘celebrity lawyer’ by The Straits Times. In 2006, Samuel successfully acted for artiste Tanya Chua in a dispute with her music publishers. In a landmark decision regarding artistes’ ownership over their songs, a ruling of the High Court was overturned by the Court of Appeal in favour of Chua.
Passionate about contributing to the industry, SSLC has been awarded Distinguished Patron of the Arts by the National Arts Council in 2011, and again in 2012. Samuel received the Spirit of Enterprise award in 2010.
Samuel is fluent in English and Chinese. A talented singer and choirmaster, Samuel has also made recent forays into acting. In 2011, Samuel made a cameo appearance as himself in the local hit ‘Already Famous’, demonstrating both his acting prowess and his eloquence in Mandarin.
Brian has been working in Singapore since 1995 teaching Drama, writing and directing plays, and occasionally acting. Originally trained in science, he gained a post-graduate teaching degree specializing in Drama and English. He has worked as Department Head and Drama Examiner in schools in the UK. Brian has written over 50 plays and musicals – including Singapore’s first puppet and live action musical, The Magic Paintbrush.
Marshall Cavendish International published his first children’s book, The Magic Paintbrush in 2004.
Ticketing and Front of House Manager
Consultant - Creative Edge Theatre Training Ensemble
Wai Yin Kwok
Designer and Props maker
Rahilah Binte Abdull Rahman
Admin & Finance Manager
International Projects Manager
Associate Music Director
Marketing & Sales Executive.
Alecia Kim Chua
Co-ordinator – Creative Edge Theatre Training Ensemble Associates